- Open the OpenOffice Writer. (Can be found in the Windows start menu in the OpenOffice folder)
- In the OpenOffice program select “Tools” at the top of the program.
- Select “Options” at the bottom of the Tools window.
- In the middle left area of the Options window expand the “Load/Save” settings by pressing the + icon.
- Select “General”
- On the top right area of the General settings *disable* the option for “Load printer settings with document”.
This will now make your OpenOffice default to your Windows default printer when printing OpenOffice documents.