The Conveyancer® can be configured to print your letterhead or to print onto stationery that’s pre-printed with your letterhead. You don’t have to change each individual Master Document.
Each Master Document distributed with the software contains an “Include File” option that automatically lets you add in your letterhead. Simply incorporate your letterhead into the Include File.
Note: It is not recommended that you overwrite the file with your letterhead, because the file may contain other important formatting codes (such as page-numbering).
To add or change your letterhead:
- Log in to the program under your own username
- Click on Go To
- Select DP Filer
- Click on File > Include Files
Note: The main letterhead files that are used are:
Simply double click on the letterhead file to open it, make amendment, save the file and close out of it.
- ltr&date.fmt - contains a code to add in the date.
- ltrundtd.fmt - a copy of ltr&date.fmt, but without the date code or the hard return character. Note: This letterhead is used with a few specific Master Documents, which are to be dated on the Closing Date, and for which the date of the letter is inserted by a document production code in the Master Document, rather than a code in the letterhead Include File.
- account.fmt - a copy of ltr&date.fmt, but customizable, so you can have a different letterhead on Statements of Account than you do for letters.
- ledger.fmt - a copy of ltr&date.fmt, but customizable, so you can have a different letterhead on Trust Ledger Statements than you do for letters
- and sometimes faxcover.fmt - this allows you to add a letterhead to display on all fax cover sheets produced in the system
This ensures that all new documents produced will contain your letterhead.