ADVANCE UPGRADE NOTICE
Please be advised that ProSuiteTM V8.9 will be available on Saturday, October 7th, 2017. During the upgrade ProSuite will be unavailable to customers between 10:00 p.m. Friday, October 6th and 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 7th.
To get a sneak peak at all the great new features included in this release, attend one of our live pre or post release webinars:
October 3, 2017 10:00 a.m.
October 10, 2017 10:00 a.m.
October 5, 2017 10:00 a.m.
October 12, 2017 10:00 a.m.
What’s being upgraded?
NEW FILES – SELECT FILE TYPE
We’ve had several reports of file opening with the incorrect file type. To help ensure this does not happen, in the Create New Conveyance window, we have removed the default File Type of Purchase/Mortgage. The field will now be left blank and will require that the File Type be selected for each new file.
To help draw your attention to this, we have moved the File Type field above the date fields.
When you create a new ProSuite file, it is given an Order #. This Order # appears on our Financial Transactions Reports and Invoices as a way to help you track your payments. File numbers can be changed but the Order # cannot and is always unique.
The Order # will now be displayed on the File tab, directly below your File Matter Number.
We have also added Order # to the Find drop down in the Find Conveyance window to help you quickly find the file matter with the specific Order #.
DESKTOP – VIEW RECENT FILES
We have had requests for the Desktop – recent files list be expanded to include an option to display all recent files for the entire firm. By default, this list will display only your files. To see the recent files for all members of your firm, right click any file on the desktop screen and select Display All Firm Files from the menu that appears.
The header of the File Matter column will indicate the files being displayed by showing either My Files or All Firm Files.
Note: The desktop can display a maximum of 30 recent files.
FCT TITLE INSURANCE ORDERS – CIVIC ADDRESS
We are pleased to advise that when ordering an FCT title insurance policy through ProSuite, the civic address from your ProSuite file will now populate the FCT order page.
- On the Commissions tab, the deposit Paid To field now has an option for Seller Notary/Lawyer.
- To help ensure you collect the correct amount of your account, the below prompt will now appear when the account has been changed and the amount in the Paid from Trust field no longer matches the total of the account. Clicking OK on this prompt will update the Paid from Trust
“You have made changes to your account. Do you wish to update the Paid from Trust amount to the full amount?”
- If you have the User>Settings>Auto Save on Tab Change selected, this feature will now work when moving from tab to tab in the Contacts
- The Survey/Title Ins tab will open to the Title Insurance tab as title insurance is now used more frequently than a survey.
- The Property>Land Value>Exemption field has been restricted to a maximum of 100%. The Parties Total that is displayed to the right of this field will continue to reflect the total PTT Interest Acquired Percentage amounts that have been entered on the Buyers
- In order to make the TAF report available to all ProSuite customers, we have moved it to the Reporting>File Matter
- Undivided Interest fields on the Buyers/Borrowers and Lenders screens will now accept 5 digits. This is the number of digits accepted in the corresponding fields on the Form A and Form B.
- In order to better serve you, we have expanded the trace log file to provide more details. When working with our CSC department, if they need to see your trace log file they will walk you through the process of submitting it.
We are pleased to report that the following bugs have now been fixed:
- Desktop recent files list was not refreshing after changes were made in some areas of the file
- Fee items in the Accounts library were not accepting negative numbers and in file matters when negative numbers were entered, GST and PST were not correctly calculated
- Locked files were not allowing the creator of the file to unlock them
- Taxes> Buyer pays from field was not updating correctly when the completion and adjustment dates were changed.
- Form B freeform schedule was showing an incorrect section number for Lenders.
- Completion and Adjustment date changes were being restricted when the Utilities Start and End dates were blank.
How Do You Upgrade?
Automatic Installation During Initial Login:
- When a new ProSuite software upgrade is available, ProSuite will automatically download and install the new version the first time you launch the application on your computer following the release.
- The software download and upgrade usually take about 5 to 10 minutes for a simple update, but depend on several factors including: the available network bandwidth at your office, the size of the upgrade and how many upgrade downloads are occurring at the same time.
- ProSuite will display the status of the download and upgrade.
- When the upgrade has completed, you will be able to login to ProSuite.
If you require further assistance, please contact customer service at 1.866.367.7648 or email@example.com.
Last Updated: 2017-10-28 12:39:15 UTC